Sunday, February 19, 2012

"A SPACE ADVENTURE THAT NEVER WAS" Part Two


By 1998 my projects revolved around my anticipation for the forthcoming Star Wars Episode I and the anime masterpiece Evangelion. Below is my design for something I called the 'T.I.E. Strife'. I had absolutely no idea that Lucas wouldn't start the Star Wars prequels so far in the Original Trilogy's past. So I imagined primitive TIE Fighters, assuming that Episode I would be set in a time closer to A New Hope.


If you click images to magnify them, you can see the difference importing Texture Maps makes. Personally, I think the vehicle below looks much more convincing. Bare in mind, these things are made with KPT Bryce 1.0 from 1994.


My favorite 'Angel' from the Evangelion series. This one is called Sachiel.


If you read part 1 of this post, you'll realize that only a crazed maniac has the patience to construct intricate CGI models (with FINGERS) out of limited geometric primitives. Parts could be grouped together to separate the arms from the body, divide the torso into segments, articulate the mouth, etc... to make the figures posable and articulated. All on an $80 program! Crazy!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool TIE fighter you've designed there. I've never actually watched the Evangelion series, but oddly enough, I have a model builders guide, all in Japanese of course, for the series. I picked it up at a convention a few years back and just thought he models looked cool. Once again, considering the method you had to use to build these, pretty awesome models!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tony. Sorry, I took ages to reply but I had abandoned this blog for YEARS because of life-stuff and I missed this comment. Very kind of you to say that.

      Delete