Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Resurrecting my Star Trek models, part deux


This is what my Polar Lights Star Trek models were starting to look like prior to the disaster I wrote in the post right before this one. You need to read that to avoid making the same mistake I did. These pictures were taken almost a year ago. The models were basically waiting for minor details like the dome "light" that goes over the Enterprises' shuttle bays, a good gloss coat to help the decals adhere properly, and some paint corrections, like the copper rings behind the Pilot Enterprise's Deflector (I don't think both versions have the second copper detail).



They are currently being sanded down and repainted. I suppose it's for the better. Maybe this will motivate me to get the grid lines on the production Enterprise's Saucer.


No comments:

Post a Comment